So… the only anime series from Summer 2015 I actually kept up with every week (and finished) was Gangsta. And also Arslan Senki, which started 2 seasons ago. Ahahahah, well, no surprise there. Really haven’t had much time to keep with with manga since starting work, let alone anime. I guess this is what the working life feels like; It’s pretty disheartening. Maybe someday I’ll get used to it, who knows.
Here’s something to be happy about for now though, a new season of anime! Woop woop! The Fall 2015 season started more than a week ago; This is me trying to catch up.
Here are the television-airing-anime that have piqued my interest this season (in no specific order):
- Young Black Jack 「ヤング ブラック・ジャック」 —> Absolutely. Love. This. Series. I’ve watched the 2004 Black Jack anime and read a few chapters of the original manga and the Young Black Jack manga as well, but… haven’t managed to get very far for them. Ahaha. Maybe it’s time I get back on those along with the Young Black Jack anime.
- Kagewani「影鰐-KAGEWANI-」—> “Panic and suspense animation”? Sounds interesting… plus it’s only 7 mins per episode. [First Impressions]
- Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans 「機動戦士ガンダム 鉄血のオルフェンズ」Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-blooded Orphans —> Please, Gundam is always cool.
Even though I can never seem to finish any series, besides 00. Whoops.Not to mention, Hosoya Yoshimasa, Hanae Natsuki and Umehara Yuichirou have pretty major roles!
- One Punch Man 「ワンパンマン」—> This is an edit after I first published. I can’t believe I forgot to add this in! Haven’t kept up with the manga for a very long time now, but it was HILARIOUS and so friggin GOOD!
Movies and OVAs:
- Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda 「心が叫びたがってるんだ。」The Anthem of The Heart —> Ahh… This drama sounds like an inspirational tear-jerker.
- Shisha no Teikoku 「屍者の帝国」The Empire of Corpses —> I admit, the first thing that caught my eye about this was that the main character was called “John Watson”. But hey, psychological sci-fi… and the synopsis does sound intriguing…
- Code Geass Boukoku no Akito 4: Nikushimi no Kioku Kara 「コードギアス 亡国のアキト」Code Geass Akito the Exiled 4: From the Memories Of Hatred —> IT’S THE LAST OVA! Words don’t express the bittersweet excitement.
- Digimon Adventure Tri. 1 – Saikai「デジモンアドベンチャーtri.（トライ）第１章「再会」」—> CHILDHOOD ALL GROWN UP. We’ve been waiting.
- Ajin Part 1: Shoudou —> I’ve read the manga
but haven’t had the motivation to blog about it, please forgive me! It’s pretty darn awesome. Plus the animation looks amazing and Miyano Mamoru is voicing the main role! XD
- Wild Adapter – Kou「ワイルドアダプター航 -KOU-」—> Another OVA of Minekuya Kazuya-sensei’s work! Woohoo! Wild Adapter brings back quite a few memories from when I read it many years ago.
- Tokyo Ghoul: Jack 「東京喰種トーキョーグール【JACK】」—> I haven’t even read the manga yet, but I will do that eventually. Thus, I will watch this eventually too.
Of course, there are series like Owari no Seraph and Haikyuu with their 2nd seasons airing, but I don’t have much of an interest in watching them. I never finished both their first seasons anyway, though I’ve read the mangas. I also haven’t put in a lot of effort in going through the whole season’s list, so these are just ones that I was already somewhat familiar with or really stood out to me.
A lot of my free-time for the next two months will be going to preparation for AFA in November (and other things) and there is a pretty high chance I won’t be keeping up with much, but as usual, we’ll see.
What anime are you looking forward to this season?