GASP. TWO POSTS IN THE SPAN OF A FEW HOURS?! BOOYEAH!
I had no idea anything like this existed. I also never expected my blog to actually be thought-about and nominated for something like this…
So, thank you, The Baka’s Guide to Being an Otaku (a.k.a. Dale Hendricks) for nominating me for a Liebster Award. You can find his Liebster Award post here. I’m so sorry it took me almost 6 months to get this done. It means a lot to me that people actually read what I write. Go check his blog out too yeah? In the amount of time I’ve put this off, he’s been nominated for 2 more Liebster Awards, hahahahah. But really, please do check his blog out 🙂
After consulting Google-sensei for a bit, I found out:
- The Liebster Award only exists on the internet and is given by bloggers to other bloggers
- It has German origins, with several definitions for “liebster” being: dearest, nicest, kindest, liked or loved above others etc.
- It works like a chain meme, where the person nominated/tagged has to so something specific etc. and then is passed on to other people who are nominated/tagged
- And that it was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers (by promoting them)
I’m extremely bad at answering questions and then passing them on, but this is a nice gesture and seems interesting, so I’d like to give it a try.
There’re several versions of the rules I found online, but I’m just gonna be following the ones I was tagged in.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you – Answer the questions given by the nominator
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer – Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Answers to Dale‘s questions:
1. What is your favourite anime series of all time?
WHOA, what is this question right off the bat. How do you even decide on something like this?! Um…
It’s absolutely impossible for me to decide on a ‘favourite of all time’… but to pick one, Code Geass will forever and always be one of the top of my list. It was smart, action-packed, with memorable characters and a plot full of genius with tension and twists that kept me hooked from start to end.
2. What made you become an Otaku?
I guess after liking manga and anime with all my heart for so long, I just naturally started considering myself as one. Nothing made me become an otaku. I kind of… dropped deep into this hell of my own free will and now there’s no way out. HAHA.
3. Have you travelled overseas before?
Yep. Myanmar, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Macau, China, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. It… didnt seem like much when I thought about it at first but after listing everything down, I really have travelled quite a bit…
4. What is your favourite movie of all time?
I can’t choose just ONE movie… Uh… here’s a movie series instead.
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc. Definitely not a surprise if you know me or have read the second post I wrote on this blog. The movies were beautiful; Story flow, art, animation, soundtrack… Definitely a biased choice.
5. If you could swap lives with someone for one day, who would it be?
I’ve never actually thought about it. But, honestly, I don’t think I’d want to swap lives with anyone even just for a day. Well… maybe just a dog or a cat to see how it’s like.
6. Do you play any musical instruments? If not, which instrument would you like to play?
Nope. Used to take piano and drum lessons, but not for long. It’d be nice to be able to play the drums again.
7. If you could describe yourself using any character from a book, movie, anime, etc. Who would it be?
Loud, hyperactive, number 1 reliable Noya-senpai (a.k.a. Nishinoya Yu) from Haikyuu!!
OKAY, WAIT. I’m not that loud or hot-blooded and generally have a filter on my words, but
- we’re short,
- easily excitable,
- not good at studying and school grades (mostly hoping for the best),
- better at defence as compared to offense for team sports,
- I’d like to think I’m reliable and look out for others like he does,
- And… yeah… sometimes I’m loud, energetic and boisterous. Especially concerning something I feel strongly about.
8. What is your favourite video game?
No way I can answer this with ONE video game (this is definitely a recurring problem), but my favourite game series—hands down—is the Ace Attorney series a.k.a. Gyakuten Saiban『逆転裁判』(Turnabout Trial).
I’ve grown up with its wacky characters, sarcastic humor and crazy turnabouts. Not to mention, each (new) game continues to surprise and entertain.
9. What characteristics do you look for in a partner?
- Taller than me — that’s not hard, I’m pretty short.
- Open-minded and willing to consider things from different povs as well as trying new stuff
- Someone who is (at least a little bit) into manga/anime/games/Japanese culture
Other than that… I haven’t thought about it much. If it feels right, it feels right.
10. What is your favourite movie quote?
I… can’t even decide on a favourite movie and I have to decide on a favourite movie quote?!
Now Woody, he’s been my pal for as long as I can remember. He’s brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he’ll never give up on you… ever. He’ll be there for you, no matter what.
– Andy (Toy Story 3)
Had a ‘Toy Story reminiscing-moment’ today.
11. Why did you decide to start your blog?
It was something I’d been thinking about for awhile. Being really open to any sort of genre and art style, I’ve read a lot of different manga, but haven’t come across many people like that.
I love recommending friends to manga and anime that suit their taste. It’s such a kick when they come back with huge smiles going, “I started on _____!” and start spazzing about it with me. I thought it’d be pretty darn cool to have a space of my own to
gush talk about all the various manga I read or stuff I’m interested in.
- Ray’s Reviews and Recommendations – Manga, Webtoon Reviews.
- No Lazy Way – Anime, Manga and Reviews.
- Cosplay Kita! – Cosplay, as well as other interesting things
- With love from Japan, Eustacia – About her life in Japan, studying with the MEXT Scholarship
- BekahLime – Personal posts. Sometimes she does translations of songs too
- Zeneith – About her cosplay life.
I tried really hard to nominate bloggers who haven’t done this Liebster Award recently, but it turned out so much harder than I expected. I guess this is it. I’m really bad at this aren’t I… Just came up with the first few that crossed my mind.
And still got a few other awards I need to nominate others for aaaaaaaaaahhh…
To the blogs and bloggers I tagged: If you’re not comfortable or don’t want to do it, by all means, don’t. And if you’d like me to take your names off this list here, please tell me. It’d be really cool if you did it though XD
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- Is there a certain trend to the kind/type of characters you like in a story? (looks, personality, background etc.?)
- What other interests do you have besides what you write about on your blog?
- Have you been to any sort of theatre production/stage show before? If so, what was it/were they?
- If you could choose one superpower to possess, what would it be and why?
- Do you consider yourself an introvert, extrovert, or a mix in different situations?
- What would your dream habitat be like?
- Do you play/have an interest in any sports? If not, are there any specific sports you’d like to try?
- One thing on your bucket list.
- Besides English, are there any other languages/dialects you’ve learnt/are fluent in? If not, what other languages would you like to learn?
- Why do you blog?